I've actually had a really great month so far!
For one: so much great new music:
Okay, I am in love with Little Dragon. Simple as that.
I downloaded Islands new album on Thursday and it has quickly claimed number 1 Top Artist. So much amazing new music—makes for a happy boy.
Also, this weekend—previously anticipated to be rather typical—actually turned out to be the most exciting weekend adventure since I can remember. It is indeed very sad to even have to write that sentence. Needless to say, it was long overdue.
All I had to use was my mobile camera, which is a shame. But I made the best of it, and some pictures actually turned out pretty good.
We went to the Buttercup Dunes which is in Glamis, CA—near Yuma. It was such an amazing experience. President's Day weekend is definitely a special occasion here, so we were pretty much guaranteed for good times to ensue. In summary: I rolled the quad three times (managing in my usual fashion to nimbly avoid any serious injury), met and spent two days with a group of wonderfully gracious people, drove home almost 300 miles on three-quarters of a tank of gas—having no more money between the two of us and towing two quads, camping gear and a large trailer—and by some miracle made it all the way home.
I remember hearing something in an adventure documentary like this:
"[The adventure doesn't truly begin until the original plan fails.]"
This unexpected notion is the prime inherent characteristic of the concept of 'adventure'.
Anyway, bye for now.
oh, if you can't tell—I'm a little obsessed with em dashes at the moment. Please excuse




No comments:
Post a Comment